It has been a few weeks or so since I have done a TAG post so it is about time there is another one. This time I didn’t particularly want to do one solely focused on books because I think it is nice and fun to branch out a little from time to time and do something different.
I found this Vogue 73 Questions tag over on Jenny in Neverland and I thought it would be a good way of discovering more about me than just my favourite books and reading habits.
It’s going to be a long one, so let’s get started!
1. What is your usual Starbucks order
I don’t actually drink Starbucks. If I do end up going in for whatever reason, I tend to go for one of their cold iced drinks.
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
A bit messy and cramped. I tend to keep a lot of things on and around my desk so I never really have a good, clean space to work from.
3. All time favourite food?
Ooh I don’t really know.
4. Favourite author?
My cop out answers for this are VE Schwab and Laini Taylor. I have many favourites!
5. What do you think of open relationships?
As someone who has never been in a relationship I don’t think I’m the right person for this question. However, knowing what they are, I’d say it’s not something I’d personally go for.
6. Favourite video game?
I don’t really play video games. Yes, I have Switch Lite on which I play Animal Crossing and the odd puzzle game but none of the other major video games really appeal to me.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Relaxing with Netflix, Disney+ or any other streaming service and a big bowl of whatever sweet treat I fancy!
8. Favourite film?
Beauty and the Beast.
9. Favourite book?
I have many! However, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen certainly takes one of the top spots.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I use Twitter the most.
11. Desktop or laptop?
I tend to do everything nowadays from a laptop.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t be afraid to say “no”
13. What project are you working on right now?
I’m going to take this to mean crochet or knitting projects and I have a couple in bags behind me that I really need to start working on again. One is this granny square blanket that I need to finish soon.
14. Favourite colour?
It changes a lot but I do love a rich, burgundy red.
15. Did you get good grades at school?
For the most part, yes.
16. Dream job?
I honestly don’t know. I just dream of finally being offered a job after 7 years of constant rejections, no matter what it is.
17. Played any sports?
I’m not really a sporty person. I used to swim a lot as a teenager though.
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes – a joint honours in French and History.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do?
I always like writing book recommendations and my favourites of the year.
21. What do you like to collect?
If you look in my room, it would look as if I like collecting books and yarn. I used to be addicted to Disney collectables like pins and tsum tsums but I no longer have the space or inclination for that type of collecting any more.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Protective, kind and messy.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
I wouldn’t be one! Never.
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
I think it was either my friends Hannah or Beth
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
My own home.
26. Hogwarts House?
I’m not into this anymore but I’m either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None and it is staying that way. I never want a tattoo.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Everything. I know that’s a bit of a cop-out answer but I can’t just pick one thing, especially since lots of things have helped to keep me going throughout this entire pandemic.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
At the time of writing this in July, it is remembering how much certain songs or pieces of music can really help me keep the anxiety at bay, particularly the Newsies (Original Broadway Cast Recording) soundtrack.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I managed to push through the noise and chaos of the morning to write and schedule a blog post.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday?
Since I’m a Brit I’m taking this to mean a rest away from home so Disneyland Paris.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
I think I’m more like Mary Bennet from Pride and Prejudice than I realise I am.
35. Do you like surprises?
Depends on the surprise.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
Final year of university, my friends threw me a very belated surprise 21st birthday party (it was like 6 months or so after my actual birthday). The main surprise for me was knowing at that exact point that I really did and still do have the greatest group of friends I could ever wish for.
37. What’s a surprise that’s made you cry?
Right now, a greater level of anxiety that I’ve never felt before.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
I’m not great at giving surprises, but I suppose it was keeping the secret surprise that my sister’s fiancé was coming over from York for her birthday.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes. I am rather partial to lemon muffins.
40. Do you cook often?
It depends. I’ve been trying to cook more though because I’ve realised that it does help my anxiety and I really like it.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
I love lemon meringue pie! I’m also partial to Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Not really. However I can be very picky with desserts that contain a lot of chocolate (too much of it at once makes me feel sick) and/or alcohol.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
I really dislike scrambled eggs. Also beetroot.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Ketchup or mayo.
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
In the hope I’d want to go back to bed and sleep, I think it would be a banana or a slice of toast.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
I have no idea.
48. Best animated film?
Cinderella or the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
48. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I’ll let you know when that does actually happen.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Show honest and true intentions.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Be rude, dismissive or insulting. It would be a definite no from me.
52. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy can use on a girl?
I have no idea.
53. Best comic book character?
I’ve never read a comic book, sorry.
54. What are the three things that are always in your handbag?
Phone, Kindle Paperwhite, cough/throat sweets.
55. Favourite drink?
Ooh, I love the proper lemonade where you can really taste the lemon and it’s never too fizzy.
56. If you could play an historical character who would it be?
Someone like Florence Nightingale or Elizabeth Garrett Anderson (the first woman to qualify as a doctor in Britain).
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
I’ve never eaten sushi.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
I don’t really wear lipstick but when I do, it is a Boots No7, or one of the old Bourgeois lipsticks in the purple tubes that they’ve discontinued.
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
I hardly ever wear makeup but when I do put on foundation, there’s a Clinique one I can just about tolerate.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
I tend to air dry my hair.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t have one. I’m not big into fashion at all.
63. Favourite Disney character?
Belle, Giselle, Anna, Eglantine Price, Esmeralda, Tiana…I could go on.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
At the time of writing the only thing that’s set in stone so far is looking after the dogs whilst my dad has to see a client and my mum is taking my sister to an appointment.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I don’t know. I don’t tend to watch comedies.
66. Movie that made you cry?
Dr Zhivago, Marley and Me, Toy Story 3…. I cry easily at films so the list is endless.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
I don’t know. I’ve been told by a couple of people that my singing voice leans more towards Disney or church hymns/carols so it would have to be someone comfortable with those songs.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
I’d like to believe it was something like Try Everything by Shakira (from Disney’s Zootopia).
69. What’s your favourite animal?
I love anything from the Cat family.
70. Favourite illustrator?
I’ve always loved the roughness of Quentin Blake’s illustrations. Also the work of E.H Shepherd for Winnie the Pooh, or Tenniel for Alice in Wonderland evoke a lot of childhood nostalgia for me that I still love.
71. Person you want to have coffee with.
Any one of my friends!
72. What’s a country you’d love to visit?
I’m not a big traveller but I’d love to visit Canada or Austria.
73. Best way to decompress?
Time alone where I can definitely be truly alone. There would also be books, crochet and box sets involved, along with chocolate or my favourite ice cream.
Do we have anything in common?
Are there any other ‘get to know me’ type of things you’d like to see in the future?
Thank you for sticking with me for this long post and have a brazzle dazzle day!